Friday, May 01, 2009

United

On Wednesday night I was invited to go up to Manchester for the semi-final 1st leg of the Champion's League between Man. United and Arsenal. Of course I said I had to think about it and 1.2 seconds later I was making arrangements to get out of work and head to Manchester. I am a United supporter and would be ecstatic to go to any game and a chance to go to a Champions League game, especially against Arsenal in the knock out stage is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Both teams of course played their first 11 and watching them live was amazing. United won 1 - 0 and should of scored 2 or 3 more in a very exciting match. I know most of you could care less about soccer but if you are ever interested, the next leg is on Tuesday at 7:45pm my time (mid day in the U.S.). It is a very good representation of what soccer should look like and you will see some of the best players in the world.

2 comments:

Ryan J said...

you should have worn an American soccer jersey (if they make such a thing) and then spouted off a bunch of trash talk about how effeminate English men are and how American soccer dominates all (this is what I would have done)...those guys behind you (just left of the police horse) do look like they're about to kick your ace though.

Yunuen said...

How fun! That game definitely looks like "major leagues" when it comes to soccer. Where's the Mexican jersey?