Saturday, June 26, 2010

32

Getting older is certainly a blessing and a curse. What is left of my hair is slowly graying and I certainly don't move as freely or swiftly as I used to, but I'm finally getting to the point where birthday gifts are about getting what you want, not what you need.

This past week I celebrated yet another birthday and found that happily I was able to stretch that celebration into a week long event! We were able to make a little trip to EspaƱa, about which I'll be posting once we get our pictures sorted out. I was also inundated with gifts related to my favorite hobby, cigars. Dana got me a number of interesting books:

Cubans: The Ultimate Cigars
The Cigar Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide
The Ultimate Cigar Book
Holy Smoke
The Good Cigar

...as well as the ultimate in cigar luxury items, the Xikar X3 Mammoth Ivory cutter.

Did I mention that it comes with a stingray skin carrying case? It will come in handy for cutting all the cigars I buy with the numerous and generous JR gift cards that I also received. I am a lucky man!

1 comment:

Nomosian said...

nice loot!