Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pet-peeve #19

I know this is a phenomenon familiar to most people but I just need to reiterate one of my (many) pet-peeves. I have often thought of making a bumper-sticker that is a play on the "I brake for (insert your favorite critter/cause here)." Mine will go something like, "I brake for no apparent reason." This is an endless cause for frustration on the road. I can't figure out what initiates the firing of the nerve that tells the right foot to apply the brake when there is no cause for slowing. One piece of advice, if the light is green look at the crosswalk sign. If it still says walk, the light is not about to turn red...don't brake!

5 comments:

Reegz said...

Please see Sept. 12, 2006 of your own blog! Sympathy breaking.....I am going to see you in the paper one day aren't I? Or maybe on the news? "Man RAMS into driver repeatedly because she (Dana) used her brakes FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then she can turn around and arrest you. How fun!

Dana said...

I love it! Here comes my cuffs, watch out now!!!

Reegz said...

Don't forget the blindfold....oops, did I blog that out loud?

Matt said...

You dirty bird.

Anonymous said...

hahahahah, this is why I'll be driving in FL. No unnecessary braking for me, unless of course I'm getting choked!!!!!!!!!or yelled at for that matter, which in that event I'm SLAMMING on the brakes a couple dozen times and getting out:)