Friday, March 05, 2010

What's Up?

Things have been interesting this year. We moved again. This apartment is pretty sweet and in one of the nicer parts of Dublin but it is very poorly insulated, and this has been the coldest winter in 60 years! That probably isn't an ideal combination, but we've seen the first signs of Spring. We've been trying to plan some trips, which has been a bit slow going. This is partially because I've been busy running my department as a "lame duck." I have a certain idea as to how things should work and believe it or not, it is rarely the way things have "always been done." Next week we have our interviews for the permanent position which I'll be participating in. I have a keen interest in politics but I'm apparently not a very good politician. I really hate trying to keep up with all that stuff at work. For some reason I think the two should be uninvolved...unless you're actually a politician...call me crazy. It is pretty well assumed that the outcome of the interview is pre-decided but I see it as a chance to take part in a very high profile interview and say what I think needs to be said.

My mom is coming for a visit at the end of the month and we're going on a mystery trip. That should be fun. We're also heading to Bath, U.K. and Cardiff, Wales in 2 weeks. It'll be a nice weekend getaway. Well, back to preparing for the interview...maybe after I watch a little more TV.

No comments: