Sunday, January 23, 2011

Resolution

I made several New Year's resolutions which I dislike doing because I usually deal with a month of intense effort followed by 11 months of guilt and failure. This year one of my resolutions is to complete 25 non-fiction books. As far from success as I may end up, I feel that each book will be of benefit whether it is 5 or 50, so I picked a number that I am not likely to achieve with the hope that the motivation will propel me in the right direction. I'm less likely to feel guilty because the process is rewarding in itself.

I've included on the side bar a list of completed books (notice the emphasis on completed as I've started some last year) that will help me, and you, keep track.

1 down, 24 to go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why non fiction??? U intrigued by non- fiction?

Anonymous said...

Erase my last comment!!!Can I suggest one or two???

Nomosian said...

25 is not a bad goal - you'll need to average about 15 pages/daily. Not too hard if you split up, 5pp in the morning (10mins), 5 at lunch, and 5 at night.

Do you have a list of intended reads yet?

Matt said...

No list yet. There are so many books I want to read there won't be a problem with that. Both books I'm working on now are 400+ pages which if it is my average length, won't help me meet my goal.

Reegz said...

I think u should raise the bar. That seems very doable! Get reading!