Thursday, July 07, 2011

Casa

Although we had claimed to have purchased a house several weeks ago, it was not until today that the loan approval final went through. Wells Fargo was extremely difficult and nit-picky through the approval process and we ended up having to switch from an FHA to a Conventional loan. All in all I think that will serve us better. The down payment is slightly more but our monthly payment will be lower and I can feel good about not participating in a federal program.

There are several cosmetic items that we plan to address in our effort to make it into a successful rental property in the future. Unfortunately I left most of my tools (all of my power tools) in AZ so we have to decide what is worth re-investing in so that we can do these projects. Maybe Ryan and Yunuen want to take a road trip....

We're open for visitors as of July 15th. Pack your bags!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Yippee! I am so excited about our new house. Can't wait to make it our own. I envision Mexican style :)

Reegz said...

When's the Italian dinner? The Barmitzvah? Oh....an old fashiioned Minnesota hog roast?!!!!! Can't wait to mess up your floor!!

Jeff said...

So exactly how far are you from Minneapolis now? I'm going to be up there for a week in October for a conference. We'll have to meet up.