Thursday, June 08, 2006

14 hours

I know I'm the only one really excited about this but the World Cup starts in just over 14 hours. Coverage begins at 8:55 (PST) Friday morning on ESPN2. All the sports bars are still closed so I won't be able to go watch the first game. Fortunately my wife got CABLE!!!! That's right, not only can I watch every televised game but record them on DVR and watch them later (if I actually have to leave the house). So a big shout out to my wife who made the last 4 years of waiting for this great sporting event feel even better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a most lovely wife, & all to make her man happy:)

So Dana fess up now you totally got that so you could watch R.C. and other cross tv specials didn't ya....

Reegz said...

Sports, news, discovery,animal planet.....LUCKY! I think I can talk Pete in to come for a visit now. Maybe you can watch 17,000 episodes of law and order now like he does or espn 1-42 and every news channel possible on those mix stations! Don't tell him you have tivo-he will be totally jealous! Were you shocked? I was. Pete told Dana that she would know you loved it if there was a tear in your eye. I bet your still sobbing.

Matt said...

Reeg, I'm flooding us out!

zvmax said...

Congratulations my boy. Many good time ahead. . . . Just remember, you still have to take out the garbage and pick up your socks.