Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bumper Stickers

This morning I was pulling into the VA (Veteran's hospital) and the car in front of me had a bumper sticker that said "U.S. out of Iraq." I followed the driver to the employee lot and it turned out to be a woman in her 30's. I do support the right of people to express their opinions but I wish they would use some discretion and hold their tongues until the time and place is appropriate. I think a veteran's hospital were vets of wars past and present go to receive medical care for war-caused and other ailments is the wrong place to speak protest against the current situation in Iraq.
This also made me think of other bumper stickers that I appreciate or hate.
"Annoy a Liberal: Work, succeed, and be happy"
- Good
"Annoy a Conservative: Defend the constitution"
- I still don't understand this one.

Anyone else have any that come to mind?

5 comments:

Reegz said...

What would Wellstone Do? How annoying. Let it go. The man has departed. I also LOVE Run Hillary Run. Republicans put it on the front and democrats on the back!

kristi noser said...

Reegz, that is funny!

Joey said...

My very first car had so many stickers on it by the time it died that I can't remember all of them. The rear window was framed with stickers, with a hole in the middle that I could see out of. Hmm...let's see...

"My kid beat up France" (or something like that)

"Abortion: one dead, one wounded"

"Celebrate Hetero Pride"

"This vehicle protected by anti-theft sticker" (that was on the passenger door, next to the handle)

I'll have to try to remember some of the others. I finally grew up though. Now the only stickers I'll put on are campaign stickers, and those stay in the window where they can be easily removed.

Dana said...

I like the one that says, "If you're living like there is no God you better be right!"

I also like the one Matt wants to design that says, "I brake for no apparent reason." I actually may have inspired that one!

kristi noser said...

My all-time favorite bumper sticker said:

Illiterate? Write for free help!